Garbage disposal: How do you dispose of food waste in your kitchen? Often, you may grab a container to hold it and accidentally spill it on your slippery kitchen floor while rushing to throw it away outside, creating a mess in the process.
Have you considered a compact garbage disposal appliance, also known as an Under Sink Garbage Disposal, to assist with the unpleasant task of disposing of waste?
All you have to do is to push your food waste into your kitchen sinkhole. Once these food wastes are inside, they’re pulverized or continuously ground into smaller pieces in the grinding chamber before regurgitating into the sewage.
Which one should I choose? Performance is what you should look for and what specifications are considered important.
It must be compatible with the under kitchen sinks to see if it fits.
If you want your garbage disposal to be able to grind tougher particles, go for the higher horsepower like 0.75 or one-horsepower.
With power, you’ll need your grinding chamber to be armed with galvanized or stainless steel, the latter being more resistant to rust and corrosion whereas galvanized steel tends to lose its coating and starts to rust.
Grinding technology comes in two types for your disposal, buns intended. The Continuous-feed garbage disposal will run as long as the current is switched on. On the other side, we have the Batch-feed garbage disposal, as the name suggests, batching is needed.
Certain models come equipped with an anti-jamming mechanism to prevent larger and tougher food items from causing blockages. This feature allows you to add more food particles at once, resulting in a faster process. Additionally, some models offer a motor reversal function in case of a jam, allowing you to easily remove any stuck food from the chamber.
When looking for garbage disposal, the noise it makes can be a turn-off for potential buyers. It would be a great advantage to find one that minimizes the irritating noise or even operates at a whisper-quiet level. Usually, machines with higher power and more rpm tend to make more noise than those with lower power. However, thanks to our latest technology, our disposal is much quieter now.
- InSinkErator Evolution Excel Food Waste Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal, 1 HP
- Moen Host Series 3/4 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal with Sound Reduction
InSinkErator Evolution Excel Food Waste Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal, 1 HP
- Food waste disposal for your kitchen sink with a 1 horsepower Dura-Drive induction motor
- Jam-Sensor Circuit automatically increases torque to break through tough jams
- SoundSeal Technology ensures ultra-quiet performance
- MultiGrind Technology delivers 3 stages of grinding
- Auto-Reverse grind system automatically reverses the grinding direction
- On/off control: Wall switch
- Motor: Single phase
- Horsepower: 1 HP
InSinkErator Evolution Excel Food Waste Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal, 1 HP Check Price
Moen Host Series 3/4 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal with Sound Reduction
- The Moen Host series is designed for those who frequently cook for guests
- 10-year limited warranty with in-home service guarantees
- Safe to use with properly-sized septic tanks
- Disposals reduce waste sent to landfills
- Designed with SoundSHIELD sound-deadening insulation
- Fits most existing assemblies, including other brands; includes pre-installed power cord
- The 2,700 RPM, 3/4 horsepower Vortex motor provides fast, powerful grinding of tough food scraps and helps reduce jamming
Moen Host Series 3/4 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal with Sound Reduction, GXS75C Check Price
Waste King L-2600 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord, 1/2 HP
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1/2 HP, 2600 rpm 115v permanent magnet motor jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning
- 5-YEAR PROTECTION: 5-year Limited Warranty. Current-Amps- 4.5
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required
- DURABILITY: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer with all stainless steel grind components
- CONTINUOUS FEED DISPOSAL: Activated by a wall switch, the disposal quickly grinds food waste continuously as it runs.36 in. power cord included
Waste King L-2600 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord, 1/2 HP Check Price
American Standard Elite ASE-50 Economy Garbage Disposal 1/2 HP
- 1/2 HP 2600 RPM continuous feed
- Universal 3-bolt mount system allows you to easily replace old disposals and allows quick installation of new disposers
- Stainless steel grinding components will not corrode over time
- Includes removable splash guard making it easier to dispose of bulk foods, clean, and locate fallen items
- Features a 29-ounce grind chamber
- Equipped with a balanced grinding system, perfectly balanced to reduce vibration and sound
American Standard Elite ASE-50 Economy Garbage Disposal 1/2 HP Check Price
InSinkerator BADGER5XP Badger 5XP Garbage Disposal, 3/4 HP
If you’re looking for a reliable and efficient waste disposal machine, consider the InSinkerator Badger 5XP. With its powerful 3/4 horsepower motor and single-stage grinding system, you can easily get rid of food waste such as fruit rinds and chicken bones. Plus, installing it is a breeze thanks to the quick lock sink mount.
InSinkerator BADGER5XP Badger 5XP Garbage Disposal, 3/4 HP Check Price
Why choose a garbage disposal?
Before clicking to purchase a garbage disposal, take a moment to consider why you have a significant amount of food waste to dispose of.
One of the main causes of wasted groceries is buying too much and not using them before they expire or are forgotten, leading to the need to throw them away.
Another issue is that families often prepare more food than they need, leading to unnecessary waste.
Lack of knowledge about proper waste management has led to a significant amount of food being wasted and disposed of through sinks. Fortunately, the kitchen sink garbage disposal offers a discreet and mess-free solution for getting rid of food waste.
When deciding between the two options, it’s important to consider which one suits your needs best. The continuous feed option is generally the superior choice compared to the batch feed. Additionally, it’s worth noting that some models come with multiple grinding stages, while others do not.
In addition to motor speed, it’s important to consider insulation quality to ensure low noise levels.
See who is sharing your kitchen countertop Let’s see
I have been throwing things in to my sink until it clogged and I realised that I don’t have a garbage disposal.Source: Sinkgarbo
WAS THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL? PASS IT ON
- Smart Dishwasher: Intelligent, Streamlined, Efficient, Connected
- Smart Home Security Camera: Your Guardian Eyes
- Smart Smoke Detector: Guardian Alert
- Smart Coffee Maker: Ready When You Are
- Smart Speakers: The Power Of Voice
Coming up …