Snow blower or some called it snow thrower – will save your back by providing quick and efficient snow removal – labour saving alternative to shoving snow.
Once you acquired the use of a snow blower, you would never want to shovel snow again by hand.
No more those back-breaking chores even your kids shy away from. A typical common use of a snow blower is to clear snow off your sidewalk or driveway.
Before you buy your first snow blower is good to know that they are 3 types of snow blower – single-stage, two-stage and three-stage snow blowers.
Each has its own characteristically functionality, in terms of power source, manoeuvrability, handling of snow type and terrain.
Single-Stage Snow Blowers
They are affordable and are not that big in size and because of their size, are easiest to handle.
Your driveway with snow of 12 inches or less can easily clear by a single-stage snow blower.
Can handle slight wet or dry snow and can only plough through paved or flat surfaces because its augur would contact the ground and it may pick up rocks and gravels.
One advantage is that the auger contacts the surface providing the much forward-drive action, saving you energy to propel forward.
Two-Stage and Three-Stage Snow Blowers
Obviously, they are bigger in size than the first-stage snow blower and are more sophisticated. They can be handled much thicker and hardened snow and is best for clearing larger areas.
Most have serrated augers that can cut through thick snow or ice.
With engine-driven wheels, they can handle inclines much better so they are no operator fatigue.
Its elevated auger also prevents it from scrapping the ground of its gravel. Some even have LED headlights to plough the snow in your driveway or in case of an emergency you want to clear the snow at night.
Still afraid of the frigid days come winter?
Learn more on Space Heater here.
Single-Stage Snow Blower
Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
- Great for clearing snow off driveways and sidewalks in the dark with the included 3-watt LED headlight
- No gas, oil or tune-ups mean less hassle when the bad weather hits
- The 15 amp motor blows up to 800 pounds of snow per minute
- 2 blade steel auger cuts a path that’s 21 inches wide and 12 inches deep
- 180-degree adjustable chute throws snow up to 20 feet off your driveway
- Compact wheels for easy maneuverability
- Ideal snow depth: 12 inches
- Auger material: Steel
- Chute turning radius: 180 degrees
- Power type: Electric
- Corded/cordless: Corded
- Clearing surface type: Paved
- Maximum throwing distance: 20 feet
- No load speed: 1800 RPM
- Capable of using a 100-foot extension cord (not included)
- CSA, ETL certified
- Product/item type: Snow blower
- Color: Blue
- Dimensions: 40.6 x 23 x 42.5 inches
- Weight: 35.7 pounds
- Manufacturer warranty: 2-year warranty
Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower, 21-Inch, 15 Amp Motor Check Price
Toro-38473M Power Clear 518 ZE Snow Blower
- Power Curve Technology- This technology, with curved rotor and inverted funnel housing moves more snow in less time and virtually eliminates clogging. Wide rubber paddles propel the snowthrower forward while cleaning down to the pavement.
- Powerful Engines- Smooth Toro 99 cc and 212 cc 4-cycle OHV engines have been tuned specifically for these models to deliver powerful, responsive performance.
- Locking Zip Deflector- Put the snow exactly where you want it with the Locking Zip Deflector.
Toro-38473M Power Clear 518 ZE Snow Blower with Electric Start Check Price
WEN Snow Blaster Electric Snow Thrower
- Throws up to 490 pounds of snow per minute
- Clears snow 18 inches wide and 7.8 inches deep
- 13.5-amp motor shoots snow up to 20 feet away
- 6-inch wheels and lightweight design make for easy mobility
- Quick-adjust chute rotates 180 degrees to direct path of the snow
WEN Snow Blaster 13.5-Amp 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower Check Price
Second-Stage Snow Blower
Briggs & Stratton Dual-Stage Light-Duty Gas Snow Thrower with Electric Start
- 24 in. wide clearing path with a 20 in. intake height for clearing snow from sidewalks and other outdoor surfaces
- 950 Snow Series engine powers through heavier snowfalls and comes equipped with electric start so when it’s time to start your thrower it’s as easy as pushing a button
- Friction disc drive system with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds and a 12 in. steel scroll auger
- An aluminum gearbox provides long-life against the elements
- Steel reversible skid shoes make plowing through the snow easy taking less effort to maneuver this snow thrower though any condition of snow
- Left side crank rotation and a manual chute deflector make it easier than ever to remove unwanted snow from your yard along with a set of heavy-duty tires
Briggs & Stratton 1696610 208cc 24 in. Dual-Stage Light-Duty Gas Snow Thrower with Electric Start Check Price
YARDMAX YG1650 – 21″ 3-in-1 Gas-Powered Push Mower
- Single-lever deck adjustment for quickly setting your mow height
- MAXFlow™ Deck Technology – volute spiral deck design for better airflow and mulching
- Seven cutting heights from 1.25″ to 3.75″
- 21″ cutting blade lets you cut a wide area of lawn with each pass
- Large rear bag capacity
- Folds for space-saving storage
- Double-ball-bearing wheels for easy, smooth mowing with less pushing effort
- Heavy-duty, 16-guage stamped steel deck
- Durable, one-piece seamless steel deck reduces vibration
- Choose side discharge, mulching, or rear bagging
- 7″ front & 11″ rear wheels for stability and control
- Adjustable, durable 3-position handle height
YARDMAX YG1650 – 21″ 3-in-1 Gas-Powered Push Mower 170cc Check Price
PowerSmart 212cc 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower
- 212cc gas powered engine offers powerful snow clearing action
- Blower allows a snow clearing width of 24 in. and a clearing depth of 20 in. making it a perfect choice for regions receiving heavy snowfall
- Versatile drive system allows 6-forward and 2-backward speed variations for enhanced driving convenience
- 180 chute rotation for better snow-blowing control
- Push button electric start or manual starter
- 13 in. inflatable tires deep snow tread bites into slippery terrain
- Adjustable, metal skid shoes that enable alteration in height for easy use on varied surfaces
- Track tires provide maximum traction
PowerSmart 212cc 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower Check Price
The bottom line in choosing a snow blower is whether it is suitable for the job intended to be.
If you live in areas with light snow just for clearing knee-deep snow, you just need a simple snow blower. A two-blade auger that cuts a path of 21 inches and 12 inches deep will suffice.
Whereas if you are living in a heavy snow area, a more sophisticated machine is required.
A wider clearing path with a higher intake height for clearing sidewalks and other outdoor surfaces.
An electric start with a push-button would be very convenient in heavy snow areas. A LED light would be required for any emergency night clearing.
“Love at first frost.”
- Snow Blower: Save Your Back, Get A Snow Blower!
- Car Vacuum Cleaner: Your Dust Clean Buster!
- Bathroom Furniture: Indulge In Private Moment
- Air Cooler: Simple And Quick Cool Air
- Water Filter: Is Your Water Filter Actually Doing Anything?
WAS THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL? PASS IT ON