Cookware used in cooking your dishes is just as important as the food you cooked. However, using the wrong choice of pots and pans in your cooking, even the healthiest diet can result in health complication, if they release toxic elements to your food.
Everybody loves to eat and you can enjoy a wide variety of your favourite dishes eating at restaurants and street foods. But eating out regularly can burn a hole in your pocket if you have a big family. The food could be tasty but you don’t know what they put in to make it incredulous tasty. Worse if you don’t know what type of cookware they used. Most hawker stalls and restaurant couldn’t care a bit about what type of cookware they used. Most of them may be hazardous to your health.
You May Choose Your Cookware
Cooking at home is sure the best things you can do your health for you and your family. You’ll have full control over the quality of the ingredients you put in your dishes and you cook sufficiently without any wastage, thus saving money. You’re in charge of how to cook your meals and how it is going to be prepared. You decide on the healthiest cookware you can buy so that your family can enjoy the food prepared in the best possible cookware.
If you have decided to cook your own meals you need to have the right cookware in order to cook a healthy meal.
Success in your kitchen is needing to know not only the type of cookware but when to use them and for what kind of dishes and also what type of materials they are made.
The safest cookware today is made of ceramic, aluminium, stainless steel, non-stick, cast iron and copper.
Know your the types of cookware material for that specific cooking functions so that it can bring out the best in your ingredients.
For example, for pans which transmit heat quickly, it’s best for sauteing food, and if you need to braise your food you need a pan that can retain heat over a longer period. Do you know that white sauces or tomato sauces can react with your unlined copper or aluminium cookware?
There is no right or wrong of choosing your cookware but a well-equipped kitchen must have a combination of all cookware types or similarities but of different materials. You’d know what is best and comfortable for you.
Certain dishwasher detergents can be too harsh on your cookware especially if they contained bleach and citric acids. It is advisable to hand wash your ceramic cookware. Always check the manufacturer’s instruction on how to clean up your cookware and whether it is doing any good if they’re washed in a dishwasher. Check out my article on the may types of dishwasher here.
WorkHorse In Your Kitchen – Stainless Steel
Why is it called the “workhorse” in your kitchen? Not only they are tough but you can cook almost anything with it.
If you have owned some stainless steel cookware before, you’ll surely admire its beauty and versatility. They are corrosion and stain-free, and they need very little maintenance. It doesn’t rust and discolour, unlike regular steel or plain iron.
Stainless steel has a lower conductivity as compared to carbon steel, yet it provides rapid and uniform heating. Most suitable for braising and browning of food and can tackle any sauce.
Most stainless steel cookware is often magnetic, flat-bottom and is compatible with any induction cooktops. Also, make sure you check out the manufacturer’s instructions on whether they can be washed in a dishwasher.
Do you need a skillet or a saucepan?
Skillet encompasses any kitchen cookware with a flat bottom and slanted sides. A frying pan is also a skillet but a saucepan pan tend to be deeper, and a skillet tends to be a little swallower.
Due to its low conductivity properties, the stainless steel skillet or saucepan is perfect for almost any kind of cooking. You can caramelize, sear, poach, fry, saute and much more for you to experiment on.
Stainless Steel Stock Pot and Dutch Oven
Even though stainless steel is not marketing as Dutch oven as such, good qualtity stainless steel stock pot and dutch oven are perfectly fine as long they are heavy with thick walls with equally thick bottom.
Stainless Steel Dutch Oven is ideal for making large batches of stew, soups, vegetables and seafood. Steel being not a good conductor of heat will able to retain heat much longer and will able to retain the food flavours in.
Difference Between A Saute Pan A Frying Pan
A noticeable difference between a saute pan and a frying pan is the sloping side of each pan. A frying pan is shallower and has a sloping side whereas a saute pan has deeper pan and a straight side.
A frying pan by nature of its shallowness and sloping side is best suited for cooking food that does not have lots of liquids. It’s good for fast cooking and with lots of flipping. With its sloping side you can make use of a spatula to help you in mixing and flipping the food.
A saute pan with deep and straight side it is suitable for cooking with liquids such as braising where you can cook longer in them. It usually has a lid so that all the natural juices and not evaporated away. Because of its straight sides, it is not suited for flipping.
Cuisinart With 17 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
The Cuisinart 17 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware, Classic Stainless:
- Set includes: 1.5-qt saucepan with cover
- 1-qt saucepan with a glass cover
- 2-qt saucepan with a glass cover
- 3-qt saucepan with a glass cover
- 3.5-qt saute pan with helper handle and glass cover
- 4-qt Dutch oven with a glass cover
- 8-qt stockpot with a glass cover
- 8″ skillet
- 10″ skillet
- 12″ skillet with a glass cover
- 20 cm steamer insert with cover
- 17 piece cookware set has a solid build
Cuisinart 17 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Amazing Cuisinart Chef’s Stainless Steel Cookware
• Induction-ready, Flavor Lock Lid, Dishwasher Safe, Aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly.
• Eliminates hot spots. Mirror finish. Classic looks, professional performance. Stainless steel cooking surface does not discolour, react with food or alter flavours. Cool Grip Helper
• The handle provides extra support and balance when lifting and pouring,
• Set includes 1.5 Quart Saucepan with Glass Cover, 2.5 Quart Saucepan with Glass Cover, 3 Quart Saucepan with Helper Handle and Glass Cover, 8 Quart Stockpot with Glass Cover, 8″ Skillet, 10″ Skillet, and 18cm Steamer Insert, Drip-Free Pouring, Measurement markings for ease of use. Lifetime Warranty
A Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Tramontina Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Clad Cookware Set
• Set includes: 10 in Fry Pan, 12 in Fry Pan, 6 Qt Covered Deep Saute Pan, 1.5 Qt Covered Saucepan, 5 Qt Covered Dutch Oven, 3 Qt Covered Saucepan, 8 Qt Covered Stockpot
• The Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad Cookware Set features tri-ply construction for even heat distribution. In addition, its magnetic stainless-steel exterior is compatible with any professional or household induction cooktop, provides exceptional cooking performance on conventional gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops, and is oven safe up to 350F /176C
Tramontina Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Clad Cookware Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Duxtop Stainless Steel Induction Cookware
- Fast and even heating. Suitable for induction, gas, halogen and electric cooktops
- Heavy bottom with impact-bonded technology and is suitable for all types of cooking
Duxtop SSIB-17 Professional 17 piece Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Granite Stone Cookware
This rock-like finish gives you the impression a rough surface texture and will probably stick during cooking. But no.
Not only it’s among the best nonstick cookware around, but this granite stone cookware also has a combination of pressed aluminium and the granite rock layers that are embedded on it and will not warp and it’s safe up to 500℉ and can be used to cook and bake most dishes including pizzas, steaks and stir-fries.
The aluminium core and layers of granite provide excellent distribution and heat retention and is PFOA-free making it safe for the food you cook. However, they are non-induction compatible.
Granite Stone cookware enable oil-free cooking but you can add oil to give more flavour to your food.
Granite stone Pots and Pans
• COMPLETE COOKWARE SET: this set includes everything you need to get cooking right out of the box including – 8.5” skillet, 10.25” frying pan, tempered glass lid for 10.25” frying pan, 1.5-quart saucepan with tempered glass lid, 2.5-quart stockpot with tempered glass lid, 5-quart stockpot with tempered glass lid, XL aluminium steamer insert.
Granitestone Pots and Pans Set Blue 10 Piece Cookware Set with Ultra Nonstick Durable Mineral & Diamond Triple Coated Surface Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Super Granitestone Non-Stick Cookware Set, Granite Coated, PFOA Free, Oven Safe, Dishwasher Safe
- SUPER DURABLE – the coating of the pan is infused with diamonds, the strongest material on earth which makes it durable enough to withstand metal utensils, spatulas, spoons, whisks and even electric beaters while delivering years of outstanding, nonstick use
- EFFORTLESS CLEANUP, DISHWASHER SAFE– spend less time with cleanup! After all the cooking and prepping is done, place cookware in the dishwasher for quick and easy cleanup.
Granitestone 20 Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set, Granite Coated, PFOA Free, Oven Safe, Dishwasher Safe Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Enameled Cast Iron Cookware
Cookware that is made of heavy-duty cast iron has heat retention and has the capability at cooking at high temperatures.
Cast iron by itself is a poor heat conductor compared to copper and aluminium but it has a higher heat capacity than copper and a lower heat capacity if compared with stainless steel or aluminium.
With vitreous enamel fused into the cast iron, it creates a non-porous infused layer which provides a great heat conductor to your pan or pot. This makes great for browning, searing, frying and sauteing.
Perfect for slow-cooking, braising and stewing your meats, and roasting too because it heats slowly and retains heat well. It can withstand high temperature and you can almost cook anything in the oven and it is safe to 500℉.
Porcelain enamel is a layer of coated ceramic material made of white clay. This coating makes it hard-wearing, naturally non-stick and strong and can cook to high temperature.
The thick enamel provides a seamless, non-porous coating that is resistant to food that is acidic, heat, and humidity.
But make sure to clean your enamel cookware right after cooking is done and never leave any food residue to dry inside the pot for it may caused the pot to crack.
La Cuisine Pro 5-Piece Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Set, Oval Casserole
• This 5-piece set includes the 3.75-quart covered saute, 6.5-quart covered round casserole and 10-inch open skillet with cast iron handles.
• La Cuisine’s PRO cast iron cookware is crafted using sand moulds, which are used only once, forging a lighter product with a very fine enamel finish that is truly unique.
• Wonderfully versatile, La Cuisine PRO cookware is suited to the oven and all cooktops, including induction. Food heats through evenly and remains hot until served.
• The non-toxic, matte black enamel interior surface is scratch-resistant, stain-resistant and is simple to clean just wash in warm water.
La Cuisine Pro 5-Piece Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Set, Oval Casserole Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Le Chef 18-Piece Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Set
• Set includes 10-qt. Enameled Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven, 10 1/2-Inch Enameled Cast Iron Square Grill Pan, 12-Inch Enameled Cast Iron Round Skillet, 53/4-qt. Enameled Cast Iron Rectangular Roasting Dish, 8-Piece Ceramic Round Mini Casserole 7 oz, 5 Piece Silicone Kitchen Red Utensils Set: (1) Scraper Spatula, (1) Flipper Spatula, (1) Slotted Flipper Spatula, (1) Spoon, & (1) Slotted Spoon.
• No seasoning require. Safe on all cooktops and in the oven to 475 degrees F. Hand washing is recommended to preserve the cookware original appearance. Solid stainless steel knobs for better grip. All flat bottoms are enamelled as the orange exterior.
Le Chef 18-Piece Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Le Chef All Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Set. (Multi-Colored, OR3.)
• Le Chef 18 Piece Cookware Set is colourful and stylish cookware set elegantly present the warmth and care that goes into preparing a meal. They evenly conducting and retains heat while withstanding the rigours of daily use.
Le Chef 18-Piece All Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Set. (Multi-Colored, OR3.) Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Why are copper and not iron used in electrical wires? It is because of its good conductivity of heat and electricity that makes good metal for cookware.
Copper and iron in comparison are each on the opposite end of the spectrum. Iron, being a bad conductor of heat, gets hot slowly but when is hot, it can hold on to it.
Copper, on the other hand, gets heated faster and evenly, but it doesn’t retain heat. It loses it just as quickly.
That is why copper is great to cook dishes which required fast heat. Therefore the performance of copper cookware dramatically depends on its thickness. Some of the best copper cookware has a thickness of about 3 mm. If it is below the threshold it will not heat evenly. Any thicker it will not be heated up quickly.
You may find some cookware’s interior coated with high-grade sophisticated ceramic reinforced with titanium or Ti-Cerama. This coating gives extra strength, durability and resilient to scratching. Cooking will be a breeze with this non-stick coatings.
It is known that Ti-Cerama coatings are PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid), and PFOS (Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid) free. It does not emit toxic or unhealthy chemicals even at high-temperature during cooking.
Award-Winning Gotham Steel Hammered Cookware
• SET INCLUDES 8.5″ fry pan, 10.25″ fry pan with lid, 1.5QT saucepan with lid, 2.5QT saucepan with lid, 5QT stockpot with lid, stainless steel steamer with handles.
• The award-winning coating ensures the ultimate release — everything just slides right off the pan.
• HEALTHY & NON-TOXIC – the Granite Stone coating is derived from minerals and reinforced with diamonds, making this frying pan free of PFOA, PFOS, lead & cadmium for a healthy experience
• Solid aluminium construction ensures even heat distribution all around Ultra-durable, scratch-proof & metal utensil safe Lightweight design makes for a comfortable cooking experience Oven safe up to 500° F
Gotham Steel Hammered Cookware Set, Ultra Non-Stick, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Red Copper As Seen On TV Ceramic Copper Cookware Set Red
- Tough-grade copper-infused ceramic cookware set
- Non-stick and scratch-resistant cooking surface
- Oven safe up to 500-degrees Fahrenheit
- PFOA and PFTE free for your safety
- 10-piece set includes: 8-inch fry pan, 10-inch fry pan with lid, 1.5-quart sauce pot with lid, 2.5-quart sauce pot with lid, 6-quart saucepot with lid, and aluminium steamer insert
- Included Components: Cookware-Sets
- Each pot and pan has a strong copper-infused ceramic coating that creates a non-stick and scratch-resistant cooking surface. Your food won’t stick and cause scratching to the ceramic coating.
Red Copper As Seen On TV Ceramic Copper Cookware Set Red Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
MF Studio 10 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set Copper Hammered Induction Set
• Contains: 8.15-inch fry pan, 9.75-inch fry pan, 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 2.75-quart saucepan with lid, 5-quart casserole with lid, and 9.45-inch round steamer, 8.66-inch round Fry Basket
• MF Studio cookware set is suitable for such cooking media as gas, electrical appliances, ceramics and induction cookers. High-thermal conductivity allows quick and even heat distribution, while the heat-resistant handles ensure safety. The cookware set is oven-safe to 500℉ and the glass lids to 350℉, protecting you every step of the way.
MF Studio 10 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set Copper Hammered Induction Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Aluminium reaches higher temperature faster and in less time than that of iron, steel, or cast iron as it can distribute heat evenly entirely over your cookware. It’s a superheat conductor. Be it your pots, pans, casseroles, or skillets, be ensured your cooking will be better and your dishes taste incredible.
Aluminium pots cookware is lightweight and fairly strongly built and very seldom you see it distort in shape when subjected to high temperatures cooking.
It’s no coincidence that aluminium is generally used as the base core conductor in most types of cookware for its good conductor of heat.
Now, the burning issue is whether you’d have one with non-stick? It’s a common feature in cookware nowadays. It makes cooking much easier without the sticky clean up afterwards.
In the early days, the coatings are made of substances that when heated to a certain temperature and with the reaction with the type of food will releases PFOA toxic which claimed to be harmful to the human when ingested.
But these are things of the past. The best cookware manufacturer is PDA compliant and ensures that the coatings are certified safe for cooking.
Ballarini Parma Forged Aluminum 10-pc Nonstick Cookware Set
- Dishwasher safe
- The ultra-thick cold forged-aluminium body ensures efficient heating spread uniformly across the entire pan’s surface
- Triple-layer KERAVIS PLUS nonstick coating is reinforced with ceramic particles, boasting quick release and perfect browning
- THERMOPOINT technology guarantees precise temperature control, reducing unnecessary overheating and damage
- PFOA-free, scratch resistant nonstick coating is safe to use with metal utensils and requires less oil for healthier cooking
- The ergonomic, stay-cool handle offers a comfortable grip and maximum control
- Easy-to-clean exterior ceramic coating is ultra heat resistant
- Made in Italy
Ballarini Parma Forged Aluminum 10-pc Nonstick Cookware Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Rachael Ray 12-Piece Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pots and Pans
The aluminium you often see is generally dark in colour and they are made by a special process involving acids and electrical currents resulting in “hard-anodized aluminium” – a hard layer which is strong and scratch-resistant and does not leach during cooking and is non-stick.
With aluminium, your food will be evenly cooked and there’s no need to manoeuvre your pot around to find the hot spots. It’s really a nightmare if you have to.
- COOKWARE SET INCLUDES: 1-Quart & 2-Quart Saucepans with Lid, 6-Quart Stockpot with Lid, 8.5-Inch & 10-Inch Frying Pans, 3-Quart Saute Pan with Lid, and Utensils
- OVEN SAFE, DISHWASHER SAFE COOKWARE: Oven safe to 400 degrees F, the pots and pans are suitable for all cooktops, except induction, and are conveniently dishwasher safe
Rachael Ray 12-Piece Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pots and Pans Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Kitchenaid 12 Piece Aluminum Nonstick Cookware Set
• Dishwasher fearless rigorously tested to ensure it will never fade or wear in the dishwasher. Heavy-gauge 4.0-mm aluminium ensures increased durability and even heating.
• Solid stainless steel base provides induction capability and added durability to resist warping. Engineered to resist flaking, chipping or peeling. patented technology. Made without using PFOA.
• Includes (1) 6.0-qt low casserole/lid, (1) 3.0-qt sauté pan with lid, (1) 2.5-qt saucepan/lid, (1) 1.5-qt saucepan/lid, (1) 10″ skillet , (1) 8″ skillet, (1) basting spoon, (1) solid turner
Kitchenaid 12 Piece Aluminum Nonstick Cookware Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Ceramic Non-stick Cookware
Cookware coated with a non-stick ceramic coat is safe because technically these coats are made of clay that has been hardened by fire. These ceramic coats are made from inorganic minerals, such as oxygen and silicon. Because of its inorganic nature, it can withstand the temperature of up to 842℉ or 450℃.
Do you have to cook at this temperature? Even if you would sear steaks it won’t need to exceed 106℉ or 71℃. Most food is cooked at medium to medium-high temperatures to preserves the goodness of the food to ensure all the vitamins are not destroyed.
If you have to use in an oven, ensure the handles of your cookware are stainless steel and silicon. The stainless steel handle is good to 500℉ and silicon handles up to 350℉.
Select by Calphalon Ceramic Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware Set
- Set Includes 8-in. Fry Pan, 10-in. Fry Pan, 1.5 qt. Saucepan with Cover, 2.5 qt. Sauce Pan with Cover, 3 qt. Saute Pan with Cover, 6 qt. Stock Pot with Cover
- Durable aluminium construction for fast and even heating
- PFOA- and PTFE-free ceramic nonstick for easy food release
- Stay-cool, the comfort-grip handle won’t get hot while on the cooktop
- Oven safe to 400°F for heating flexibility
- Limited 5-year warranty
Select by Calphalon Ceramic Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware Set Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Gotham Steel 20 Piece All in One Kitchen Cookware + Bakeware Set
COMPLETE KITCHEN IN A BOX
- COMPLETE KITCHEN IN A BOX: Set includes 8.5” fry pan, 10.25” skillet with tempered glass lid, 1.5 qt saucepan with tempered glass lid, 2.5 qt saucepan with lid, 5 qt stockpot with lid, stainless steel steamer rack, 9.5” square shallow pan, 9.5” deep square casserole pan with tempered glass lid, stainless steel frying basket, steamer insert, 12”x17” XL cookie sheet, 9.5”x 9.5” square baking pan, loaf pan, 9.5” round baking pan, 12 cups standard-sized muffin pan.
- ULTRA NON-STICK: Our award-winning Ti-Cerama coating ensures the ultimate release — everything just slides right off the pan, no need for oil or butter!
Gotham Steel 20 Piece All in One Kitchen Cookware + Bakeware Set with Nonstick Durable Ceramic Copper Coating – Includes Skillets, Stock Pots, Deep Square Fry Basket, Cookie Sheet and Baking Pans Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
Green Life Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set, 12 Piece
• Create a wealth of delicious meals with this versatile GreenLife Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set. Designed with a hard-anodized, reinforced construction, it features high-performance ceramic surfaces for non-stick cooking and easy clean-up.
• This 12-piece cookware set includes two pots, a Dutch oven and three pans in various sizes, plus four glass lids with handles.
• The handles on the pots and pans are made of stainless steel and feature a hanging loop for convenient storage as well. A handy spoon and spatula set is also included to get the aspiring cook started.
• Dishwasher safe for added convenience.
Green Life Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set, 12 Piece Buy Now at Walmart 🛒
You certainly be overwhelmed by the numerous choices of cookware to choose from. Your goal is to assemble all the pieces that are appropriate to the dishes you are cooking.
If you love to cook, a well-stocked kitchen with all the different cooking ware would make your cooking experience complete.
You’d want to cook certain ingredients fast and quick and certain ingredients to be cooked longer. How so?
The choice of pots and pans should be thick and heavy enough to conduct heat evenly and prevent foods from being scorched.
You would like your pot which can retain heat much longer and the food retains the favour in. That’s it.
In order to flip your food, you will need a shallower pan with sloped sides. If you cook food with liquids you may want a pan with higher sides. Genius.
Choose Your Handles
Pay particular attention to your cookware handles too. Handles provide much-needed support and balance when lifting and pouring. Handles made of steel and silicons are good for ovens.
Check out whether your cookware is compatible with induction cooktop, conventional gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops to ensure they are safe. How convenient and practical.
Be sure your cookware and the non-stick layers are PFOA, PFOS and PTFE free and can withstand high temperatures. Some are not oven-friendly of over 500℉. Be careful.
You may think that you can wash your cookware with any washing liquids. Some materials made are suitable for the dishwasher and some are not. The detergents in the certain dishwasher can be too harsh on your cookware.
Choice of cookware materials is your personal preference. Enameled Cast iron retains heat well, perfect for slow-cooking. Copper heated up very quickly and cook dishes very fast.
Aluminium distributes heat more evenly and they’re lightweight. Stainless steel can cook anything with it and needs very little maintenance.
Granite stone cookware is the best non-stick cookware you can find and is safe up to 500℉. Ceramic non-stick have coats that are made of clay and can also withstand temperature up to 842℉.
Buying Cookware In A Box
Buying in a box sets will save you less headache from choosing the different type of cookware. All are mostly complete which are suitable for different types of cooking from sauteing to braising, and you don’t have to buy separately which are more costly. You have practically every type of cookware that you need in your hand and what a deal.
“Happiness Is Homemade”Anonymous
WAS THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL? PASS IT ON